Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2005/03/04 09:35:18 UTC

[Fulcrum] Re: YAAFI

Diogo Saad wrote:

> Hi Siegfried..
>
> My name is Diogo and I'm trying to use YAAFI as my container.
>
> There is a sample in "How To" page that is:
>
> Logger logger = new Log4JLogger(
> org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger("YAAFI");
> ServiceContainer container = null;
> ServiceContainerConfiguration config = new
> ServiceContainerConfiguration();
> config.setLogger( logger );
> config.setComponentRolesLocation( "./src/test/TestRoleConfig.xml" );
> config.setComponentConfigurationLocation(
> "./src/test/TestComponentConfig.xml" );
> config.setParametersLocation( "./src/test/TestParameters.properties"
> );
> container = ServiceContainerFactory.create( config );
>
> I guess this code is not in sync with the jar available for download
> ause I could not find the ServiceContainerFactory class in the jar.

you are right ... the documentation is newer than the JARs from
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/repo/ ... :-(

I upload the JARs to the repo and write another mail when I'm done with it

> I found another class which I understood is similar to it,
> ServiceManagerFactory. Both should create a ServiceContainer instance,
> am I right??

ServiceContainerFactory is the one to use - then name
"ServiceManagerFactory" was sort of misleading and was therefore renamed
to ServiceContainerFactory .

> I got another doubt, serviceContainer.initialize() is the same of
> ContainerUtil.initialize(serviceContainer)  ??

Well, ContainerUtil.initialize(serviceContainer) is a helper class from
the avalon-framework and calls in turn serviceContainer.initialize().
But the preferred way to get an instance of YAAFI is using
ServiceContainerFactory since I encapsulate a lot of low level coding.