Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Martín Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar> on 2004/03/24 14:42:10 UTC

0.20.5 last page...

Hi users,

I´ve checked the XSL-FO manual and the FAQs and I found a way to make the
first page different from the rest. Besides that, I'd need a way to make the
last page different from the others as well, can I use the same sample and
simply add another reference in the sequence master, or it is just
impossible??

thanks !

Martin

Re: 0.20.5 last page...

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Martín Mauri wrote:
> I´ve checked the XSL-FO manual and the FAQs and I found a way to make the
> first page different from the rest. Besides that, I'd need a way to make the
> last page different from the others as well, can I use the same sample and
> simply add another reference in the sequence master, or it is just
> impossible??

It the "last" indicator for conditional layout is not implemented
in 0.20.5, as indicated in the compliance page. There are various
ways around this, depending on context. Something like adding
text at the bottom can often be achieved with a footnote or a
marker. You might also investigate in a two pass solution. Use
a wrapper as outlined here:
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-total-pages
Use a repeatable page master reference for the common page layout,
followed by a single page master reference for the last page. In
the first page, set the repeat count to a very large number, in
the second pass number of pages determined by the first pass, properly
adjusted.

J.Pietschmann