Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net> on 2003/11/05 16:19:25 UTC

Handling disabled fields

How are people generally handling disabled fields? The situation is, I have a fields in a form that
are enabled in create mode and some of them are disabled in edit mode. When the page in edit mode is
submitted and rendered back, the values in the disabled fields are lost because they are not sent
back to the server on a submit. How are people handling this situation? I know I could create hidden
fields of these disabled fields, but that would be cumbersome. If this is the only solution, may be
the framework can automate the plumbing. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Harish

Re: Handling disabled fields

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
I am not sure I want to serialize the entire object, my objects are pretty big and that may be
eating up the bandwidth and slowing the response.

Thanks,
Harish

Posted by "Kevin C. Dorff" <kd...@kcp.com>.