Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kh...@jpmorgan.com on 2005/12/09 20:22:40 UTC

Getting started with Maven2 and Eclipse 3.0

Hello All,

I am a newbie to Maven2, it worked great when I followed instructions to
create a sample project.  But I\'ve 2 issues:

1) When I did
mvn eclipse:eclipse

It generated the Eclipse project and stuff and also added the M2_REPO
variable with following name

M2_REPO/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar

and value to

M2_REPO/Documents and
Settings/user/.m2/repository/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar

and I get an error in eclipse saying

Required library cannot denote external folder.

I\'m using eclipse 3.0

2) the other problem, I want to add my company\'s jars to the repository,
can anyone please explain how can i do that.

thanks for help

khurram.

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates

Re: Getting started with Maven2 and Eclipse 3.0

Posted by Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com>.
The Eclipse plugin is broken (or was last time I checked) I have no
idea whats taking them so long to update it (and why my maven2 hasn't
updated it already... does it even do this?) but AFAIK you have to
manually install the updated plugin.

So, to get it all working, see this ticket:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1324

Re: Getting started with Maven2 and Eclipse 3.0

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi there,

See inline message

khurram.x.chaudhary@jpmorgan.com wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I am a newbie to Maven2, it worked great when I followed instructions to
>create a sample project.  But I\'ve 2 issues:
>
>1) When I did
>mvn eclipse:eclipse
>
>It generated the Eclipse project and stuff and also added the M2_REPO
>variable with following name
>
>M2_REPO/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar
>
>and value to
>
>M2_REPO/Documents and
>Settings/user/.m2/repository/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar
>
>and I get an error in eclipse saying
>
>Required library cannot denote external folder.
>
>I\'m using eclipse 3.0

Can you paste your stacktrace?

>2) the other problem, I want to add my company\'s jars to the repository,
>can anyone please explain how can i do that.

You can use deploy:deploy-file plugin to install your jars to your
company's repository.
See http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/FAQs and look for the
question  "How do I install artifacts in a remote repository?"

Please refer to this page to use the SNAPSHOT version of the deploy-plugin
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html