Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net> on 2003/07/31 18:50:40 UTC

anybody ever heard of a ProxyPassCookie patch

and why it was never integrated into Apache 1.3?

It is described here:

http://www.wede.de/sw/mod_proxy/

There is also such a patch in the old bug db and at least one other open
PR about the need for such a feature (updating domains in cookies during
reverse proxy operations).

I didn't see any comments in the PRs about technical problems with such
a feature, but I'm curious if anybody knows of some.

Re: anybody ever heard of a ProxyPassCookie patch

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> and why it was never integrated into Apache 1.3?
>
> It is described here:
>
> http://www.wede.de/sw/mod_proxy/
>
> There is also such a patch in the old bug db and at least one other open
> PR about the need for such a feature (updating domains in cookies during
> reverse proxy operations).
>
> I didn't see any comments in the PRs about technical problems with such
> a feature, but I'm curious if anybody knows of some.

Such a feature would need to be configurable, as the change to the path
in the cookie might not necessarily be what the person intended.

For example:

ProxyPass /foo http://backend/

would cause the cookie backend path "/" to be changed to "/foo". The
user may want the cookie path to stay "/".

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street