Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Liquid <li...@liquid.cz> on 2003/03/16 21:07:13 UTC

Tuning Tomcat 3

Hi,

what can i configure if my Tomcat have many connection, many user
working on it by HTTP connector. It take 80 - 90 % of procesor time.
Im using FreeBSD 4.7, JDK 1.3.1, Tomcat 3, and dual P3 1,13 GHz.

Can you help me?
Liquid

Re: Tuning Tomcat 3

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Well, for a high-load system, the first thing that I would do is to use the
3.3.2-dev (aka nightly) CoyoteConnector.  It is much more efficient at
handling requests than the Http10Connector that ships with 3.3.1 (which in
turn, is much better than the connector that ships with 3.2.x). It is
possible to use it with 3.3.1 by following the instructions at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/release/v1
.0-rc2/, but use the binaries from the 3.3 nightly since the build in the
link is broken for 3.3.