Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/27 05:43:06 UTC

Re: YARN creates only 1 container

It should be yarn-site.xml not yarn.xml.
yarn.xml will not be added to $CLASSPATH

Thanks,
Wangda

Posted by hari <ha...@gmail.com>.
Just an update on this: turns out that in 2.2.0 version, the container
count is implemented by using the memory
resource, even though there are configs for vcores. Things might have
changed since
then.

Thanks for the suggestions. yarn.xml was a typo, should have been
yarn-site.xml.

About the heap size, it shouldn't be a problem unless the memory allocation
footprint of the
container exceeds or reaches close to the configured heap size. This
happened when
those settings were used. For other cases, the memory values were
different.

Posted by hari <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hari <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hari <ha...@gmail.com>.