Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Guoliang Cao <ca...@ispsoft.com> on 2001/02/07 20:02:40 UTC

Is it possible to catch customized exception?

Hi,

We are experiencing difficulty to catch customized exceptions when using
xalan to transform a xml document. What we want to do is using some
xalan extensions, and they will throw exceptions that we want to catch.
But after processed by xalan, if got exceptions, xalan will wrap them
with TransformerException and InvocationException. Is it possible to let
xalan only take care of those exceptions it knows? But leave others to
user program?

Here is a sample.  Anyone think this is useful?

<xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="extension:throwException('Something
is wrong')"/>
</xsl:template>