Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/13 05:32:30 UTC

[VOTE] Logo Contest

Hi everyone,

There were so many submissions since the opening of the MINA logo contest.
You can see all logos here:

* http://wiki.apache.org/directory/MinaLogoContest

I think restricting people to cast only one vote is not a good idea in this
case.  Please choose as many logs as you want to choose.  Each vote has the
same count, so you can't vote twice for one logo.

[ ]: Julien Vermillard's first logo (MINA surrounded by a blue circle)
[ ]: Julien Vermillard's second logo (Each character surrounded by circles
of various colors)
[ ]: Julien Vermillard's third logo (Computer icons)
[ ]: Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with two circles)
[ ]: Michael Link's first logo (arrows and curves)
[ ]: Michael Link's second logo (RGB check mark)
[ ]: Jean Philippe Gousse's logo (white MIN and red A)
[ ]: Mike Boreggo's first logo (red N)
[ ]: Mike Boreggo's second logo (the lan cable)
[ ]: Mike Boreggo's third logo
[ ]: Alex Burmester's logo (0 and 1s)
[ ]: Paul's first logo (coffee cup)
[ ]: Paul's second logo (stencil with PCI card image)
[ ]: Paul's third logo (reversed A)
[ ]: Steve Z's logo (matrix style)
[ ]: Stefano Bagrana's first logo (gray matrix style)
[ ]: Stefano Bagrana's second logo (pink and purple typography)

Let's start the vote, then. :)

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Trustin Lee wrote:
[ X ]: Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with two circles)

Enrique

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/06, Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [X]: Julien Vermillard's third logo (Computer icons)

Sorry I meant the forth: Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with
two circles).

And the following comment still applies.

--
Ersin

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/06, Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [x]: Steve Z's logo (matrix style)
>
> Trustin, I totally understand you had to remove the McDonals logo :-)
> I was going to change it a little bit, but I didn't have the time/skills.
>
> a McMina sounds tasty though..

Thank you for your understanding!  and McMina sounds really tasty! :D

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
[x]: Steve Z's logo (matrix style)

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Zohar Amir <zo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.
I like Julien Vermillard's logos the most. Esp 5 with the twin color
yellow-green rings.
I'd like to point out a couple of things. IMO MINA should not be
written in sentence case. It should either be all caps or all lower
case.

At the same time, the logo should be in multiple formats - just
independent logo, logo with tag line, etc. The tag line also needs to
be finalized if it is not yet done.

"Easy network programming", "Network app framework", etc etc. If the
acronyms NIO / IO could be included somehow in the tag line, it would
make MINA much easier to find in searches.

Regards,
Vinod.

[VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by martin helmhout <j....@rug.nl>.

:

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by 채상윤 <wi...@gravity.co.kr>.
[X]: Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with two circles)

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
[X]: Stefano Bagrana's first logo (gray matrix style)
[X]: Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with two circles)

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Sep 12, 2006, at 8:32 PM, Trustin Lee wrote:
> [X]: Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with two circles)

... but modified to be all lowercase

the one from http://msig.info/web2.php is cool too!

-pete

[RESULT][VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Now, the vote has been closed. Niklas summarized the vote result very
nicely:

Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with two circles): 13
Julien Vermillard's third logo (Computer icons): 2
Steve Z's logo (matrix style): 2
Michael Link's first logo (arrows and curves): 1
Stefano Bagrana's first logo (gray matrix style): 1
Stefano Bagrana's second logo (pink and purple typography): 1
Paul's second logo (stencil with PCI card image): 1
Paul's third logo (reversed A): 1
Julien Vermillard's first logo (MINA surrounded by a blue circle): 1

So, we will use Julien Vermillard's MINA logo with two circles, though we
still need to discuss about the colors, typography and catchphrase.

Cheers,
Trustin

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Trustin Lee wrote:
> [X]: Julien Vermillard's third logo (Computer icons)

Alex

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/06, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [X]: Julien Vermillard's third logo (Computer icons)
> [X]: Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with two circles)
> [X]: Michael Link's first logo (arrows and curves)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se>.
[X]: Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with two circles)

--
Niklas Therning
www.spamdrain.net

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Cameron Taggart <ca...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Michael Link <mi...@onlinehome.de>.
The matrix style ones are really cool ...

[x]: Steve Z's logo (matrix style)
[x]: Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with two circles)

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
I like the logos by Alex Burmester, but maybe with another font and more
colors.

I think MINA also deserves its own favicon, no ?
It would be good to have a logo that can easily be turned into a favicon,
I am afraid that will be difficult with the longer logos.

M.

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by Hanson Char <ha...@gmail.com>.
[X]: Julien Vermillard's first logo (MINA surrounded by a blue circle)
[X]: Stefano Bagrana's second logo (pink and purple typography)

Cheers,

Re: [VOTE] Logo Contest

Posted by El...@sita.aero.
[ ]: Julien Vermillard's first logo (MINA surrounded by a blue circle)
[ ]: Julien Vermillard's second logo (Each character surrounded by circles
of various colors)
[ ]: Julien Vermillard's third logo (Computer icons)
[X]: Julien Vermillard's fourth logo (MINA with two circles)
[ ]: Michael Link's first logo (arrows and curves)
[ ]: Michael Link's second logo (RGB check mark)
[ ]: Jean Philippe Gousse's logo (white MIN and red A)
[ ]: Mike Boreggo's first logo (red N)
[ ]: Mike Boreggo's second logo (the lan cable)
[ ]: Mike Boreggo's third logo
[ ]: Alex Burmester's logo (0 and 1s)
[ ]: Paul's first logo (coffee cup)
[ ]: Paul's second logo (stencil with PCI card image)
[X]: Paul's third logo (reversed A)