Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <ra...@nih.gov> on 2015/05/07 18:31:00 UTC

Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

I was not able to find a conclusive answer to this question on the internet so I am asking this question here.
Is a Cassandra node able to accept insert or delete operations while the node is being repaired?
Thanks
-Razi

Re: Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

Posted by "Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <ra...@nih.gov>.
Thanks for the answers.

From: arun sirimalla <ar...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 2:00 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>>
Cc: Razi Khaja <ra...@nih.gov>>
Subject: Re: Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

Yes, Cassandra nodes accept writes during Repair. Also Repair triggers compactions to remove any tombstones.

--
Arun
Senior Hadoop/Cassandra Engineer

Champion of Big Data (Cloudera)
http://www.cloudera.com/content/dev-center/en/home/champions-of-big-data.html

2014 Data Impact Award Winner (Cloudera)
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/campaign/data-impact-awards.html

Re: Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

Posted by arun sirimalla <ar...@gmail.com>.