Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Francis <ch...@static2358.com> on 2000/11/15 19:44:41 UTC

RE: I have tried to invoke EJB's from TOMCAT: NoInitialContextExc eption:

Hi Peter,

I've seen this a couple of times (doing the same sort of
thing myself). The problem usually stems from Tomcat not picking
up all jar files properly. Make sure you have jndi.jar on
the classpath. Also the oracle aurora stuff should be there aswell
and maybe one or two other things. (Do you use JDeveloper? The complete
list will be in your library addins under project properties -
not sure if all of these are necessary but doesn't do any harm).
The safest way of doing this is to make a set classpath entry in
the bat or sh file that starts Tomcat.
Also have you got all the EJBGenerated and EJB Source jar files
on your classpath aswell? It could be one these is missing.
Cheers,

Chris.