Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2003/10/21 15:06:59 UTC

JSR 109 implementation for Apache

Hi All,

we notice there is no JSR109 implementation in Apache and geranimo
project required such implementation as well.

We  are planing to do a JSR I09 implementation. We would be very much
happy to do it with Apache Software Foundation if possible. We hope to
implement it on top of axis.

Any help extended or comments posted from the Apache developer community
will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Srianth,Chathura,Priyanaga and Dasarath
Lanka Software Foundation.

>> to the gerenimo group

this is written with related to [WS-AXIS] Axis & geronimo integration
and it sounds like dozen people who like to join a JSR109 implementaion
effort

RE: JSR 109 implementation for Apache

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Ias

Nice to here from you,

welcome to the JSR109 other things are OK .. for the WSDL -> X staff
I would like to (we shall decide ) reuse WSDL2Java staff as much as possible.

Acually WSDL2Java is refactoring to use JAXME right now. I am working on it and will
post a mail about it most probebly today. Why don't you give us a hand to finish
it off. Then we reuse that code (wsdl parsing part) in JSR109impl.

To say go ahead with JSR staff just give me time till things settled.

thanks

Srinath

Posted by Ias <ia...@apache-korea.org>.

AW: JSR 109 implementation for Apache

Posted by Thomas Bayer <ba...@oio.de>.
Hi,

> Just a question :
> how Axis can use his WSDD to handle jaxrpc mapping informations ???
> Does something already exists ?

it looks like that a jaxrpc mapping:

<java-wsdl-mapping>
  <package-mapping>
    <package-type>com.company.some.package</package-type>
    <namespaceURI>http://package.some.company.com</namespaceURI>
  </package-mapping>
  <java-xml-type-mapping>
    <class-type>com.company.some.package.AKlasse</class-type>
    <!-- WSDL QName -->
    <root-type-qname>
      <namespaceURI>http://package.some.company.com</namespaceURI>
      <localpart>AKlasse</localpart>
    </root-type-qname>
    <qname-scope>complexType</qname-scope>
  </java-xml-type-mapping>
</java-wsdl-mapping>

could be mapped to a beanMapping.

<beanMapping qname="tns:AKlasse" xmlns:tns="http://package.some.company.com"
languageSpecificType="com.company.some.package.AKlasse">
</beanMapping>

Also the information about the remote and home Interfaces could be gathered
from the ejb-jar.xml and be placed in a service using the EJBProvider with
correspondending parameters.
A tool for the mapping doesn't exit yet. But I guess its possible. I think
things like handlers ( see 6. Handler ) and the propagation of the
MessageContext ( see 6.4.2. EJB Web service method invocation ) are much
harder.

Thomas

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Bull.Net>.
Hi,

Posted by Thomas Bayer <ba...@oio.de>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi,

Thanks for the answer,

>I have plans to start working on this issue again (I had to break for
>other business) along with integration of Axis with Geronimo this
>week.  I think it would be helpful to have a Wiki that address this.
Myp lan for Geronimo
> is to use Axis as the foundation for Geronimo's support for Web services as
> described by JSR 109, so I think some of the work will be done to the Axis
> code base and some in the Geronimo. For example, enhancing JAX-RPC so that
> its JSR 109 compliant would happen in the Axis code base, but implementation
> of Enterprise JavaBeans Endpoints would be done in Geronimo too. I'll start
> tuning into the Axis mailing list - axis-dev right?

yes, I think this is the my picture as well, to be bit specific

our current idea about the implementation is to write a tool that read
deployment discriptor(s) and (wsdl or EJB) and generate a webservice
that wrap the EJB. (a web service that do the lookup and map webservice
SEI methods to the EJB ... )

I think we should start a discussion on axis-dev mailing list,

Srinath

###################################################################################
BTW

Luis Avila from the geranimo answered (mail is below) here is my answer,

our current idea about the implementation is to write a tool that read
deployment discriptor(s) and (wsdl or EJB) and generate a webservice
that wrap the EJB. (a web service that do the lookup and map webservice
SEI methods to the EJB ... )

How we find the expectations of the JSR109 from the devloper community
of the axis and geranimo. Shall we start a discussion on the both dev
lists about the expectations and the high level architecture of a JSR109
Impl and any other issuse(if there are any).

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi,

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.

--