Posted to user@struts.apache.org by hi...@o2.pl on 2004/10/27 14:50:12 UTC

How to bring struts' tags not to escape special characters??

Hi,

Due to the requirements related to i18n in my app I use characters that are encoded like &#322; or &#243; and so on. If the validation fails the values typed in the <html:text.../> or <html:textarea../> are remembered and return to the input with those charecters escaped - that means if you take a look at the html source the tags look kind of like...
<input type="text" name="firstName" value="abc&amp;&#322;">.
The question is  - how can I turn the escaping feature off in struts tags??

Regards
Chris