Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ms...@freezone.co.uk on 2004/09/29 05:57:37 UTC

[users@httpd] missing mod_cgid socket

How is the mod_cgid CGI socket created?

I just tried enabling CGIs in Apache 2.0.51; error.log contains:

No such file or directory: unable to connect to cgi daemon after
multiple tries: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/cgiwrap

ScriptSock is /var/run/apache2/cgisock, but this socket doesn't exist.
It's not obvious whether it should have been created, or how one should
create it manually. The only mod_cgid documentation I could turn up
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_cgid.html) wasn't much help.

Anyone here know about the mod_cgid socket, or where to find the
documentation I need?

Thanks oodles!

Jack