Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "t.n.a." <tn...@sharanet.org> on 2005/03/04 01:10:36 UTC

tomcat startup error

I'm using eclipse and sysdeo. I attempted to make a small prototype
application, but I can't get tomcat to start.
This is what tomcat says when I try:

SEVERE: Error deploying configuration descriptor klapa9.xml
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Layout

klapa9.xml looks like this:
<Context path="/klapa9" docBase="D:/posao/klapa9/context" debug="6"/>

My project is obviously in D:/posao/klapa9/.

I started with tomcat 5.5.7 as well as 5.0.28 and got nowhere. Any ideas
what I'm doing wrong?

Tomislav