Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by athir nuaimi <at...@nuaim.com> on 2009/11/15 19:45:55 UTC

solr stops running periodically

Re: solr stops running periodically

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Look for the HotSpot dump files that Sun's Java leaves on disk when it dies.  I think their names start with "hs".  Luckily, I don't have any of them handy to tell you the exact name pattern.

Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca>.
> By that I mean that the java/tomcat
> process just disappears.

I had similar problem when I started Tomcat via SSH, and then I improperly
closed SSH without "exit" command.

In some cases (OutOfMemory) memory is not enough to generate log (or CPU can
be overloaded by Garbage Collector to such extent that you will have to wait
few days until LOG will be generated) - but process cant' disappear...

Process can't simply disappear... if it is JVM crash you should see dump
file (you may need to set specific option for JVM to generate dump file in
case of crash)