Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by zhibo li <os...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/24 12:19:39 UTC

[DISCUSS] Prepare to release Apache RocketMQ 5.0.0

I hope you’ve all been doing well. It's been a while since RocketMQ
5.0.0-ALPHA was released. During this period, almost all RocketMQ 5.0
features were merge into the trunk, including pop consume mode[1], static
topic[2], batch consume queue[3], broker container[4], slave acting master
mode[5], gRPC proxy[6], timing messages with arbitrary time delay[7],
automatic master-slave switching[8], etc. We also did some stability tests
on the merged trunk. Now I think it is time to release RocketMQ 5.0.0.
Thus, I would like to start an email thread to discuss the plan to release
Apache RocketMQ 5.0.0.
Please reply to this email if you have any suggestions .

Regards,
Lizhibo

[1]
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/%5BRIP-19%5D-Server-side-rebalance,--lightweight-consumer-client-support