Posted to user@avro.apache.org by cwilkes <cw...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 22:03:00 UTC

Can AvroReducer implement configure and close methods?

Currently the AvroMapper and AvroReducer do not have the configure(..) and
close() methods from typical MapReduce jobs.  Can they be added to the code?

Normally I would just extend org.apache.avro.mapred.HadoopReducer so that
those methods are called on the delegate classes.  However HadoopReducer is
package protected.  Is there a reason for that?

Re: Can AvroReducer implement configure and close methods?

Posted by Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>.
I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-763 to track
this.

It makes sense for users to be able to use configure() and close().