Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JS...@vinu.edu on 2002/06/14 00:13:30 UTC

Tomcat 4 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError - More Info?

When you say CATALINA_OPTS, you are talking about in the catalina.sh that
starts the Tomcat server? Your talking about this line in the catalina.sh
file: JPDA_OPTS="-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address
=$JPDA_ADDRESS,server=y,suspend=n"

Also, is the somewhere I can find documentation on these things?

Thank You,

Justin A. Stanczak
Web Manager
Shake Learning Resource Center
Vincennes University
(812)888-5813

                      "Shapira, Yoav"
                      <Yoav.Shapira@mpi        To:       "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
                      .com>                    cc:
                                               Subject:  RE: Tomcat 4 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
                      06/13/02 03:06 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Tomcat Users
                      List"

Howdy,
Add -XmxNm to your CATALINA_OPTS, where N is a the maximum heap space in
MB.  The Java default is 64MB, and you're running out of memory.  See
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/win32/java-classic.html

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

For additional commands, e-mail: <