Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Donni Khan <pr...@googlemail.com> on 2014/07/11 09:01:06 UTC

Mahout Configuration

Hello,
I started to develoe a text mining tool which will apply Weight Vectors,
clustering, classification, and topic detection methods. I decided to use
Mahout to perform that.
Here I'm asking some questions which I would like to know thier answers.
- What is better(with respect the time of processing): using Mahout from a
command line or write my own java code and import Mahout libraries to it ?
- Actually, I would like to to use Mahout API in my own code in Eclipse,,
Do I should use Maven or not?
- I'm working on windows 7, I don't like to run Mahout from commnad line as
I said before, just I need to use it in my code? Is there any problem with
windows to do that specially with Hadoop?
- Should I install Hadoop as envirnment or just add Hadoop libraries (Jar
files) into eclipse project.
By the way, If I would like to use eclipse and Mahout API to apply Machine
learning alg's, what are the requirments for that?
If anyone has exerince in Mahout, Please write me back!
Thanks in advance,
Donni,