Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sergio Leonardi <sl...@etnoteam.it> on 2005/07/01 11:31:47 UTC

mod_cache new directive

Hi all

I'm a newbie and I'd like to plan to add to mod_cache a directive like this
one, if possible.

What could be the correct procedure to do it? Am I sending the message to
the wrong place?

CacheClear Directive

<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/directive-dict.html#Description>

Clear the cache for the URI that matches the pattern

Syntax: <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/directive-dict.html#Syntax>

CacheClear uri-pattern

Default: <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/directive-dict.html#Default>

CacheClear /.*

 <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/directive-dict.html#Context> Context:

??

Experimental

Module: <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/directive-dict.html#Module>

mod_cache

More detail will be added here, when the function is implemented.

CacheClear /daily_scripts/.*

Re: mod_cache new directive

Posted by "sleonardi@etnoteam.it" <sl...@etnoteam.it>.
Well, I started to think to it from mdo_disk_cache, however I can try to implement it partially.
In a sense mod_cache can have this new directive and it will be really implemented just on mod_disk_cache at the first stage.
However, what are the steps I have to perform in order to do it?
Have I just to do it (reading the online help) or have I to cooperate with someone letting others know what kind of architectural choices and data structures I'm going to use? I.e. does it exist a coordination group that talks about the new functionalities to add or everyone does it and give it to others?
Thank you.

       Sergio

Re: mod_cache new directive

Posted by Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>.