Posted to user@poi.apache.org by ReinMan237 <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2009/10/13 10:06:06 UTC

POI Excel generation very slow when cloning the first sheet more than once

Hello,

Im currently using POI 2.5, yeah I know, the 4 year old one, the client
demanded it, they seem to be inlove with it or something.Anyway, I have some
trouble when I try cloning the first sheet more than once.

There are no problems when I cloned it only once, but when I cloned it twice
or more, my IE hangs up and it remains like that for almost 3 minutes.
Afterwards when I opened the generated excel file, the data loss
notification is thrown at me and everything is messed up. Garbled texts,
unformated cells and all.

When I clone other excel files there are no problems, its just with this one
template file that is torturing me. I've tried setting the JVM memory to
1024MB, both Xms and Xmx, but to no avail.

Maybe it has something to do with the Excel file's column count is from A to
CA or something. None of my other excel template files reached that long so
I'm not really sure. I have removed every bit of code on my java except for
the loop for cloning but it's still slow. Please help.

Also, sorry for my poor english skills.