Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "thomas.laton" <th...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/25 14:47:06 UTC

Documentation of available guest VM / instance settings

Hi,

I virtualized some very cleary defined hardware using KVM/Qemu/libvirt and I would now like to migrate these virtual machines to CloudStack for availability purposes. However, I have trouble finding the documentation to figure out how to map the settings of my libvirt/qemu-config (created in virt-manager) or qemu parameters to the relevant parameters in the settings tab of the instances.

To be more precise, I need to specify stuff like bus types for disks and cdroms, drivers for NICs and especially a sound device (and so on) and cannot find the right keywords.

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: Documentation of available guest VM / instance settings

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
You can send a custom XML chunk (via API only), to be incorporated as part
of the VMs XML definition - so that should allow you to add sound card, or
some pass through any HW device to the VM (or enable huge pages, etc)

I forgot the name of the feature (very tired atm), perhaps @Nicolas Vazquez
ShapeBlue <Ni...@shapeblue.com> can refresh pls?

Best,

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Documentation of available guest VM / instance settings

Posted by "thomas.laton" <th...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
Thank you so far.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,