Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jack Levin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/05 22:23:01 UTC

convert .META. entries to .regioninfo

Hi All, does anyone happen to know or use a script or tool that can
read .META. rows for regioninfo and create .regioninfo file?

Thanks.

-Jack

Re: convert .META. entries to .regioninfo

Posted by Jack Levin <ma...@gmail.com>.
We were able to do that now by reading META table and installing
broken .regioninfo files
where they needed to be.  Now we have another problem, we are missing
blocks (corrupt)
from very large 10G+ h-files that we want to repair.  We are thinking
about modifying
meta/index data on h-file directly, or possibly executing 'delete' on
broken files, and then
compacting to exclude 'bad' corrupted data.  Any idea for the best
approach here?
Thanks,
-Jack

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.