Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Bracewell, Robert" <rb...@qualcomm.com> on 2008/04/24 12:13:01 UTC

Referencing a dependency via a property

Hi,

I would like to be able to refer to a dependency via a property. As an
example consider the site phase which runs numerous reporting plugins
and such a plugin requires a license.
I have the license sitting in the repository as an artefact and I define
the artefact as a dependency in the dependency management section. The
reporting plugin then relies on a property to define the location of the
license.

Does Maven allow me to define a property that equates to the artefact?

At the moment I workaround this using the dependency plugin to copy the
artefact to the maven build directory and then set the property that way

Thanks,
Robert