Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com> on 2001/03/19 17:31:10 UTC

[TC3.2.2] Codebase frozen (was RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/request StaticInterceptor.java)

You are correct, this should not have gone into the tomcat_32 branch.  The
only things that should be commited to tomcat_32 are bug fixes for existing
functionality.  Anything else should only be committed with the approval of
the Release Manager (i.e. Me).  I'm going to review these changes to see if
they will remain in the 3.2 code base or not.  Arieh, could you please
supply some test cases and updated documentation?

I had hoped to have released 3.2.2b2 by now, but I've been very busy with my
day job and so have not had much time to devote to the release.  Things
should be winding down now so I hope to be wrapping up the beta release
shortly.  We're down to about 75 open bugs against Tomcat-3.  I'm still
working through all of these to evaluate if they are real problems or user
errors.  If they are real problems I'm making a determination of whether
they should be fixed in 3.2.2 or differed.  The major decision criteria is
specification compliance, but simple fixes to existing functionality are
being made, too.

On a related topic.  Lots of the remaining Bugzilla issues have assigned
owners.  The 3.2.2 release plan calls for all open issues to have a
resolution other than NEW (e.g. FIXED, LATER, INVALID, ...).  If developers
have time to update their assigned issues I would appreciate it.  If I make
a change to one of your assigned items that you disagree with, please don't
hesitate to contact me so we can work it out.