Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by "Miklosovic, Stefan" <St...@netapp.com> on 2022/10/10 12:37:44 UTC

Re: [Discuss] CEP-24 Password validation and generation

Thanks Andrés.

After careful consideration, I think it would be better if the initial implementation dropped the validation of a password against the previous ones so people can not re-use them too often. This feature would bring additional complexity and new table in system_auth keyspace. It is good we know how we could do that if somebody really wants that to happen. I just do not find it absolutely necessary at this time. Simple validation / generation with related CQL commands should be enough at the moment and we can expand that as we go.

I will reflect this into the CEP and I will initiate the vote soon. It is around 3 weeks since I posted this and that seems to be quite a long time for everybody being able to raise their questions if they had any.

This seems to be quite straightforward CEP anyway, I wanted to put everything together as that topic is rather broad with all the details involved and CEP seemed to be a good way how to cement that.