Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John Studarus <st...@jhlconsulting.com> on 2004/04/14 02:24:10 UTC

textarea not updating - but insert does OK

  I'm noticing an interesting behavior where the data of a
textarea is not being displayed in the GUI when it is set
in java code.  The listener of a button updates the textarea
but it never shows up in the GUI.  However, if I use an Insert
then all is well.  What might I be doing wrong?  Seems somewhat
straight forward, might this be a bug in the in/out properties
of the TextArea object?  Ideas?

        John

page:
  <component id="autopopulate" type="Submit">
    <binding name="listener" expression="listeners.autopopulate"/>
  </component>

  <component id="whoisOutputTextArea" type="TextArea">
    <binding name="value" expression="whoisOutputTextArea"/>
  </component>
  <component id="whoisOutputInsert" type="Insert">
    <binding name="value" expression="whoisOutputInsert"/>
  </component>
  <property-specification name="whoisOutputTextArea" type="java.lang.String" persistent="yes" />
  <property-specification name="whoisOutputInsert" type="java.lang.String" persistent="yes" />

java:
  public abstract String getWhoisOutputInsert() ;
  public abstract void setWhoisOutputInsert(String output) ;
  public abstract String getWhoisOutputTextArea() ;
  public abstract void setWhoisOutputTextArea(String output) ;

  void autopopulate(IRequestCycle cycle)
  {
    String whois = new String("some text") ;

    setWhoisOutputInsert(whois) ;      // displays OK
    setWhoisOutputTextArea(whois) ;    // does not display
  }

html:

TextArea: <SPAN jwcid="whoisOutputTextArea"></SPAN>
Insert: <SPAN jwcid="whoisOutputInsert"></SPAN>