Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gary Zhu <gz...@timeicr.com> on 2005/08/24 14:44:13 UTC

Consuming web services over SSL using AXIS 1.2.1 -- How to?

Hi all,

I have a need to consume .NET web services over SSL using AXIS 1.2.1.
What are the steps involved in accomplishing this?

My systems look like this: Apache WebServer 2.0.52 together with mod_jk
for loadbalancing, tomcat 5.5.9 cluster where AXIS 1.2.1 and webservices
are deployed.

Where should the trust certificate go? What code modifications are
needed? Is this the same thing as making connection to an URL through
HTTPS in Java?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Re: Consuming web services over SSL using AXIS 1.2.1 -- How to?

Posted by Kr <ba...@gmail.com>.
1. import the service provider certificate in ur trust store.

2. set below properties in ur web services client program:

System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.ibm.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
Security.addProvider(new JSSEProvider());

System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore","mykeystore.ks");
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", "mystorepassword");

// if u behind a firewall proxy then set below
System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "140.4236.2435.47");
System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "31248");