Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by "Ias ." <ia...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/01 15:25:53 UTC

RE: Ant 1.6 as a build prerequisite?

Sorry for my lateness because I needed quite some time to accustom myself
to new surroundings, Newcastle in U.K. I also changed my email address from
iasandcb@tmax.co.kr to iasandcb@hotmail.com since the new one is more
convenient to me in my university network.

About going for Ant 1.6, I'm absolutely +1, in particular, 1.6.2.

Thanks,

Ias

--------
Hi,

the JaxMe build system is based on a hierarchical set of build scripts.
These scripts are full of duplicated code, because they generally do the
same, except for different directories (src/api, src/xs, ...)

For exactly this situation, Ant 1.6 has some nice features, that support
it:

    - Macros, that allow to build a library of short cuts
    - An import facility, that views a project as buing built by
subprojects

I would like to make use of that in HEAD. No user visible changes would
be seen, as it affects the build system only. Besides, I would exchange
prerequisites/ant-1.5.4.jar with prerequisites/ant-1.6.2.jar. Likewise,
gump should work without problems, as it holds the latest Ant jars.

Any objections?

Jochen