Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/01 19:55:01 UTC

Resource allocation in SPARK streaming

I am not much clear about  resource allocation (CPU/CORE/Thread  level
allocation)  as per the parallelism by  setting  number of cores in  spark
 standalone mode .

Any guidelines for that .

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anshu Shukla

Re: Resource allocation in SPARK streaming

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
Well in spark, you can get the information that you need from the driver ui
running on port 4040, click on the active job, then click on the stages and
inside the stages you will find the tasks and the machine address on which
the task is being executed, you can also check the cpu load on that machine
(by doing a top or htop). In spark, a single core is allocated to a single
task.

Thanks
Best Regards