Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2017/10/11 09:47:08 UTC

Sling build broken for me.

Hi,
Could be me.
I do mvn clean install on a clean Sling checkout with a clean maven repo
and I get failiures to download slingfeature:9-SNAPSHOT required by an IT
test sample. This happens before the reactor starts.

If I fix that by using slingfeature:9 I then get 11 test failures in
commons.log related to the format of the logging output.

Is this just me ?

If it is just me, I can disable tests there to move on.

Best Regards
Ian

Re: Sling build broken for me.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2017-10-11 at 21:56 +0200, Karl Pauls wrote:
> > Would it help if we added weekly builds for all modules,
> > irrespective
> > if any changes are present?
>
> Yes, I think that would be a good start. Ultimately, I still think we
> should get this "run integration tests with all bundles set to
> SNAPSHOT build" working but until we have that we might as well make
> sure we run the reactor every once in a while. Would that be hard to
> do?

Well, run all ITs with bundles set to snapshots will only affect
bundles that are present in the launchpad - and not all of them are.

Not sure how hard that would be to do, last time I got lost in
dependency resolution in the plugin :-) I don't have any plans to look
into it in the short term.

Robert

Re: Sling build broken for me.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2017-10-12 at 12:54 +0100, Ian Boston wrote:
> > I'll set the Jenkins jobs to also build regularly. Note that a full
> > reactor build is not something I am keen on doing since:
> >
> > - it takes a long time
> > - if one module in the reactor fails the build is aborted
> >

> Would --fail-at-end work ?
> Best Regards
> Ian

It would work in a limited manner. If a module that is a dependency for
other modules fails, the dependant modules would be banned from the
reactor.

Robert

Re: Sling build broken for me.

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Hi,

Re: Sling build broken for me.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Ian,

Re: Sling build broken for me.

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Hi,

Re: Sling build broken for me.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Sling build broken for me.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Sling build broken for me.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Sling build broken for me.

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Hi,

Re: Sling build broken for me.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Ian,

On Wed, 2017-10-11 at 10:47 +0100, Ian Boston wrote:
> Hi,
> Could be me.
> I do mvn clean install on a clean Sling checkout with a clean maven
> repo
> and I get failiures to download slingfeature:9-SNAPSHOT required by
> an IT
> test sample. This happens before the reactor starts.

Fixed in http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1811803&view=rev .

> If I fix that by using slingfeature:9 I then get 11 test failures in
> commons.log related to the format of the logging output.
>
> Is this just me ?
>
> If it is just me, I can disable tests there to move on.

I am not sure anyone is building the full reactor anymore - we are
building individual modules on Jenkins [1].

commons.log builds fine for me as an individual module and I don't see
it failing on Jenkins either.

If there's a consistent failure at your end, please file a bug. But for