Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/20 23:48:30 UTC

Re: RE : [DISCUSS] JDK 1.5 for Tapestry 4.1?

Do I understand correctly: it does NOT run on Java5?

 In my experience most of the Java applications work fine on J5 unless someone used sun.* packages, which are NOT supposed to be used according to the very first page of Java documentation ( saw them used by 'less than good' developers )

 Other than that Java 5 seems to execute java 1.3 and 1.4 bytecode flawlessly, only faster than older JVMs.

Raphaƫl Jean <ra...@entropysoft.net> wrote:May I mention that just 4 months ago IBM released IBM Workplace, their brand-new J2EE collaborative and email platform and that it only runs on JDK 1.3? There is hope that an upgrade to 1.4 will be possible at some point in 2006...
The bottom line is we don't choose which JDK we run on. Customers and large software editors do.

Raphael Jean
EntropySoft

Konstantin Ignatyev

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add 2,700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:  Why the Environmental Movement Needs a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.  New York:  State University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)