Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by jitendra shelar <ji...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/20 04:57:23 UTC

Cloudstack on VMs

Hi All,

In the last month I had successfully deployed cloudstack 4.0.2 on 2
physical machines (one was VT enabled ubuntu host and other was ubuntu
management server ).

Can anyone please tell me, whether it possible to deploy cloudstack on 2
virtual machines?

Thanks,
Jitendra

Re: Cloudstack on VMs

Posted by jitendra shelar <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shankar, Dan and Mike for your help.

Regards,
Jitendra

Re: Cloudstack on VMs

Posted by jitendra shelar <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cloudstack on VMs

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Re: Cloudstack on VMs

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Re: Cloudstack on VMs

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
[Moving dev@ to BCC]

Comments inline.

On 20-Dec-2013, at 9:27 am, jitendra shelar <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In the last month I had successfully deployed cloudstack 4.0.2 on 2
> physical machines (one was VT enabled ubuntu host and other was ubuntu
> management server ).

Hi Jitendra, 4.2.0 is a more recent version of ACS and has many bugs
fixed. You might want use 4.2.0 instead of 4.0.2.

> Can anyone please tell me, whether it possible to deploy cloudstack on 2
> virtual machines?

You can certainly use 2 VMs to get started.

- Use VM1 to run the cloudstack management server + MySQL database

- Use VM2 to run a hypervisor like KVM or XenServer and ensure that
  nested virtualisation is enabled.

Also have a look at DevCloud - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DevCloud

Regards.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Cloudstack on VMs

Posted by da...@soleks.com.

 Hi Jitendra,

Im running cloudstack management servers and cloudstack database servers as VMs. 2 VM for management and 2 VMs for database. Database VM(s) are HA mysql cluster. Management VM - just behind loadbalancer. Of cause that VMs are not controlled by cloudstack, in my case they are just VMs running under XEN.

Re: Cloudstack on VMs

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
[Moving dev@ to BCC]