Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Pierre-Andre Michel <Pi...@isb-sib.ch> on 2014/02/25 15:06:43 UTC

Declaring jena reasoners in fuseki assembly file

Hello,

Several reasoners are described in the documentation and how to use them from the jena API:

- getTransitiveReasoner
- getRDFSReasoner
- getRDFSSimpleReasoner
- getOWLReasoner
- getOWLMiniReasoner
- getOWLMicroReasoner

Which URL should I use in the fuseki assembly file for each of them ?

I could only find ja:reasoner [ ja:reasonerURL <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2003/RDFSExptRuleReasoner> ] and I am not sure whether this is correspong to getRDFSReasoner() or to getRDFSSimpleReasoner()

Thanks for your answer
Pierre-André

Re: Declaring jena reasoners in fuseki assembly file

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
On 25/02/14 14:06, Pierre-Andre Michel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Several reasoners are described in the documentation and how to use them from the jena API:
>
> - getTransitiveReasoner
> - getRDFSReasoner
> - getRDFSSimpleReasoner
> - getOWLReasoner
> - getOWLMiniReasoner
> - getOWLMicroReasoner
>
> Which URL should I use in the fuseki assembly file for each of them ?

In that order:

http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2003/TransitiveReasoner
http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2003/RDFSExptRuleReasoner
N/A
http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2003/OWLFBRuleReasoner
http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2003/OWLMiniFBRuleReasoner
http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2003/OWLMicroFBRuleReasoner

They should probably be better documented somewhere. Fallen between the
cracks of the reasoner documentation (which predates assemblers) and the
assembler documentation.

> I could only find ja:reasoner [ ja:reasonerURL <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2003/RDFSExptRuleReasoner> ] and I am not sure whether this is correspong to getRDFSReasoner() or to getRDFSSimpleReasoner()

The former.

There's actually only one registered RDFS reasoner config but it takes a
level parameter (http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2003/RuleReasoner/setRDFSLevel)
of "default", "full" or "simple". I don't know if that can be set via
assemblers.

Dave