Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Luta, Raphael (VUN)" <Ra...@groupvu.Com> on 2003/12/01 10:09:07 UTC

[J2] How to deploy Jetspeed portal as portlet application ?

I'm currently facing a pretty silly issue:
I want to deploy a portlet application with the J2 portal WAR
(for the layout Portlets) but I can't see a currently available
way to do it !
All pammanager tools assume that we're deploying a different WAR
and fail on an already deployed WAR.

Does anybody have a suggestion on the best way to proceed ?

--
Raphael Luta - raphael@apache.org

Vivendi Universal Disclaimer - HTTP://www.vivendiUniversal.com:
material of Vivendi Universal which is for the exclusive use of the
individual designated above as the recipient. Any review, retransmission,
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact immediately
the sender by returning e-mail and delete the material from any computer.
If you are not the specified recipient, you are hereby notified that all
disclosure, reproduction, distribution or action taken on the basis of
this message is prohibited.

Re: [J2] How to deploy Jetspeed portal as portlet application ?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 08:46  AM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

> On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 01:09  AM, Luta, Raphael (VUN) wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody have a suggestion on the best way to proceed ?
>>

> For a quick solution I would suggest:
>
> 1. Store the 'default' portlet application within the Jetspeed WAR
> application structure.
> If you simply want to refresh the deployed Jetspeed WAR with changes
> made in your /portal directory, type:
>
> maven hotdeploy

Sorry just realized that you want to store layouts as portlets. Thus
you will need to deploy the portlets to the portlet registry.
This means that the above solution is not correct, since the layout
portlet will not be deployed
I will look into creating a 'default' PA that resides inside the
Jetspeed WAR

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 01:09  AM, Luta, Raphael (VUN) wrote:

> I'm currently facing a pretty silly issue:
> I want to deploy a portlet application with the J2 portal WAR
> (for the layout Portlets) but I can't see a currently available
> way to do it !

J2 only supports Portlet Applications outside of the Jetspeed WAR.
I think it would be possible to store PAs under the main Jetspeed WAR.
We have discussed this before and I believe it would be a valuable
feature.