Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/18 12:13:00 UTC

API packages

Hi,

I know it might be a bit premature, but we would like to discuss the
package hierarchy at some point. Right now, we are just trowing some
names and some methods, but all those guys will have to be put in
packages, and it's probabmy a good idea to propose something now. At
least, a starting point.

What we are dealing with can be sorted into a few categories :
- exceptions
- name (DN, RDN, etc)
- message (Bind, Add, Delete...)
- utils or commons
- ldif
- entry (Entry, Attribute...)
- schema

We may also have a few more sub-packages :
- message/extended
- message/control
- schema/comparator
- schema/normalizer
- schema/syntaxChecker

I may have missed some of them, the idea is just to bootstrap this
reflexion.

thoughts ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny