Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ja...@barclayscapital.com on 2004/05/20 18:39:11 UTC

Problems upgrading to RC3

OK, so I'll be the dumb guy who asks the first dumb question about upgrading
to RC3.

I've installed it (Win2K) and gone to build a set of projects that worked
nicely under RC2, and get this:

K:\fo_tcw_core\Development\Source\TCW>maven multiproject:clean
 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0-rc3

Attempting to download maven-1.0-rc2.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download maven-1.0-rc2.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

maven-1.0-rc2.jar

Total time: 8 seconds
Finished at: Thu May 20 17:27:50 BST 2004

I've since realised it's because I'm behind a firewall and so normally use a
local repository onto which I've put all the jars I need, and it didn't have
the rc2 jar on it.

I'm simply curious as to why anything needs to download rc2?

James

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are
Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.