Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Gokulakannan M <go...@huawei.com> on 2010/11/10 12:25:21 UTC

Has anyone tried rolling upgrade in hadoop?

Hi all,

            It will be a good sharing if some tips are given in performing
rolling upgrade in hadoop(upgrading to a newer version of hadoop without
stopping the

whole cluster) i.e., upgrading phase by phase, without affecting the running
services. However I found in hadoop related materials and web that the
rolling upgrade

will be supported for 1+ versions of hadoop.

 Thanks,

  Gokul

Re: Has anyone tried rolling upgrade in hadoop?

Posted by Patrick Angeles <pa...@cloudera.com>.
This is currently not possible with Hadoop, as the communications protocols
between clients and servers have to be the same version.