Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/12 02:48:53 UTC

Ldap API project status

Hi,

as the API definition is going on (see api@directory.apache.org), I'm
migrating the current operation to the proposal we have on the other
mailing list.

I can't commit what I have right now because I haven't implemented the
search request yet. However, the Bind, Add and Delete operation have
been fully implemented, and tested.

We have to describe the missing operation, and implementing them (which
is not very complicated).

The search operation is most certainly the urgent one to work on.

All the logic is based on async operations, which return a Future. To
get the response, one just has to do a xxxFuture.get(). For search, it's
exactly the same thing, except that you ca do more than one get (in
fact, until you get the SearchResultDone).

Internally, the search operation is always async, creates a future, and
in the messageReceived method, we add the response to the future. Each
Future inherit from the ResponseFuture, which encapsulate a
BlockingLinkedQueue(). The set() ad get() method respectively put and
pol this queue. This is how we deal with asynchronicity.

More tomorrow !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com