Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Yousef Raffah <yr...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/23 11:56:10 UTC

Attaching the spam message

Hello,

I have spamassassin configured and running fine with postfix,
amavisd-new and clamav. However, I would like to have spamassassin
attach the spam message and report it to my recipient when I receive a
spam message. I think it is the same message that appears when you:

spamassassin -tD < mail.txt

Also how can I customize that message?

Pointing me to the right direction or documentation will be highly
appreciated as I don't know where to look for it in the spamassassin
docs.

Thanks in advance for any help..

--
 -------------------
|Yousef Raffah|

Re: Attaching the spam message

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 23.07.07 12:56, Yousef Raffah wrote:
> I have spamassassin configured and running fine with postfix,
> amavisd-new and clamav. However, I would like to have spamassassin
> attach the spam message and report it to my recipient when I receive a
> spam message. I think it is the same message that appears when you:

so, instead of getting the spam, received will get infromation about spam
with the spam attached? Doesn't it defeat the whole idea of spam filtering?

If you want to make sure no "regular" mail is lost, configure MTA to tag all
mail, but reject only spam with score over safe treshold (10 is usually OK)

So even possible-spams will get delivered and users can check them once in
a period for false positives...
Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.

Re: Attaching the spam message

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Yousef Raffah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have spamassassin configured and running fine with postfix,
> amavisd-new and clamav. However, I would like to have spamassassin
> attach the spam message and report it to my recipient when I receive a
> spam message. I think it is the same message that appears when you:
>
> spamassassin -tD < mail.txt
Amavis generates its own markups, but I think if you turn off the "fast
spamassassin" option it might use SA's markups..

> Also how can I customize that message?
see report_template in man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.

Posted by Wolfgang Zeikat <wo...@desy.de>.

On 07/23/07 11:56, Yousef Raffah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have spamassassin configured and running fine with postfix,
> amavisd-new and clamav. However, I would like to have spamassassin
> attach the spam message and report it to my recipient when I receive a
> spam message.

AFAIK, with amavisd-new, you need to configure that in amavisd.conf
using $defang_spam

See amavisd.conf-sample and amavisd.conf-default

# MIME defanging wraps the entire original mail in a MIME container of type
# a short explanation, and the second part is a complete original mail,
# enclosed in a 'Content-type: message/rfc822' MIME part.
# Defanging is only done when enabled (selectively by malware type),
# and mail is considered malware (virus/spam/...), and the malware is
allowed
# to pass (*_lovers or *_destiny=D_PASS)
#
$defang_virus  = 1;  # default is false: don't modify mail body
$defang_banned = 1;  # default is false: don't modify mail body
# $defang_bad_header     = 1;  # default is false: don't modify mail body
# $defang_undecipherable = 1;  # default is false: don't modify mail body
# $defang_spam = 1;  # default is false: don't modify mail body