Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Foo JH <jh...@extracktor.com> on 2007/06/18 08:35:15 UTC

Unable to install libapreq2-2.0 from theoryx5

Hello all,

Since the issue with the Apache restart has not been resolved, I've been
looking into downgrading my Apache framework to 2.0 (instead of 2.2).

I have hit a minor issue: I can't install libapreq2-2.0. I keep getting
this error:
ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provide mod_perl for
libapreq2-2.0

Even though I am sure I have installed mod_perl 2.0:
ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/mod_perl-2.0.ppd

Can anyone confirm that libapreq2-2.0 is having strangely?

My server signature:
Apache/2.0.59 (Win32) mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at localhost Port 80

Thanks.
<http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/dist/libapreq2-2.0>

Re: Unable to install libapreq2-2.0 from theoryx5

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Foo JH wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Since the issue with the Apache restart has not been resolved, I've been
> looking into downgrading my Apache framework to 2.0 (instead of 2.2).
>
> I have hit a minor issue: I can't install libapreq2-2.0. I keep getting this
> error:
> ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provide mod_perl for
> libapreq2-2.0
>
> Even though I am sure I have installed mod_perl 2.0:
> ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/mod_perl-2.0.ppd
>
> Can anyone confirm that libapreq2-2.0 is having strangely?

To fix this problem, try adding the theoryx5 repository
to your list of repositories within the ppm shell; ppm
will search these to resolve dependencies. There was
an error in the libapreq2-2.0 dependency - it should have
specified mod_perl-2.0, rather than mod_perl (which is
for Apache/2.2) - this has now been fixed. Thanks.

--
best regards,
Randy Kobes