Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com> on 2018/01/24 13:13:40 UTC

Moving parquet-mr and parquet-format to Apache's GitBox service

Hello all,

it seems that we recently had some issues with the retriggering of Travis builds and also would like to have worked a bit more with the GitHub UI. For the Apache Arrow and parquet-cpp repositories, we have already migrated to https://gitbox.apache.org/ which gives us near full access to the GitHub UI for project management as it will make the Apache-hosted and the Github-hosted remotes equal citizens. As a side effect, you can also get access to the UIs of the CI services we're using. This will enable us to retrigger failed builds.

If I get enough +1s, I would ask Infra to change the hosting and would also do the README and merge-script adjustments that were necessary in the other projects.

Uwe

Re: Moving parquet-mr and parquet-format to Apache's GitBox service

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
Opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15909

Posted by Zoltan Ivanfi <zi...@cloudera.com>.
+1, thanks!