Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Rosas, Obed (GE Energy, Non GE)" <ob...@gene.GE.com> on 2005/01/30 23:26:35 UTC

beans introspection error in JDK 1.4.2

Hello

My web app is using custom tags which are using The Bean Introspection
Utilities component of the Jakarta Commons subproject. . The web app was
working fine till I changed the JDK version from 1.2.2 to 1.4.1

I got the following error message

javax.servlet.ServletException: PropertyDescriptor: internal error while
merging
PDs: type mismatch between read and write methods

The code is the following

Object object = org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(objl,
"TempItem.projectcode");

if I try this then I got the error above, in the other hand if I try just
"TempItem" instead "TempItem.projectCode" as the second parameter then it
works.

I know I can change my code to try to get the objects/properties one by one
but this is not correct cause I have to change the custom tags code too

Righ now the custom tag looks like
<flg:column  property="TempItem.projectCode" width="0.3px" />

I saw the source code in JDK version 1.4.2 and looks like the exception is
thrown in java.beans.PropertyDescriptor file in PropertyDescriptor
constructor and findPropertyType method

please let me know your comments