Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Claudius Sailer <Cl...@LBBW.de> on 2010/01/14 12:01:38 UTC

use-commit-times = yes

Hi,

we have our Client configured with the setup

use-commit-times = yes

is it possible with a svn or svn-admin command to modify this commit-times
in the repository?

bye

Claudius

Landesbank Baden-Wuerttemberg
Anstalt des oeffentlichen Rechts
Hauptsitze: Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Mainz
HRA 12704
Amtsgericht Stuttgart

Re: use-commit-times = yes

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
The commit time is a property on the revision, svn:date. It is
possible for a user to edit this without leaving a trail. That's why
you cannot edit a revision property without a pre-revprop-change hook.
It is up to the administrator of the repository to create and maintain
this hook and to ensure that the standard user isn't modifying the
commit dates, the commit user, or the commit comments without
authorization.
--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: use-commit-times = yes

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 07:01, Claudius Sailer <Cl...@lbbw.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have our Client configured with the setup
>
> use-commit-times = yes
>
> is it possible with a svn or svn-admin command to modify this commit-times
> in the repository?

use-commit-times is only used by the client to set the timestamp of
checked-out/updated files.

To modify the commit time in the repository, you essentially have to
modify the history of your repository, changing the timestamp on
selected revisions (you aren't changing the times on the *files*, but
changing the record of when the *revision* was committed). At best,
this will be confusing when reading logs; at worst, it'll really mess
up your history, especially if you have other commits where you aren't
messing around with timestamps.