Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Kakoli <ka...@india.hp.com> on 2002/04/15 15:38:31 UTC

Query on using XPath.

Hi,
I am trying to use XPath feature of Xalan-Java 2.3.1
My xml file looks thus :

<config>

        <params>
                <configDir>xxx</configDir>
                <serverDir>yyy</serverDir>
        </params>

        <operator-list>
                <operator name="Opr 1">
                        <preferred-language>en</preferred-language>
                        <database>MSSQL</database>
                </operator>
                <operator name="Opr 2">
                        <preferred-language>fr</preferred-language>
                        <database>Oracle</database>
                </operator>
        </operator-list>

</config>

I first parsed the entire document and then used
XPathAPI.selectNodeIterator(Document, xpath) method to get values like xxx
by using xpath : /config/params/configDir/text()

Then I have extracted the node operator from the file. Now I need to extract
<database> values from that by giving the path relative to the operator
node. I am giving this part

of  code below:

        NodeList nl = null;
        nl = doc.getOprNodesFromDoc();
        int size = nl.getLength();
        System.out.println("Size " +size);------------------> number of
<operator> nodes.
        for(int i = 0; i < size; ++i) {
            Node opr = nl.item(i);
            str = XPathAPI.selectNodeIterator(opr,
xpath);--------------------> What should be the xpath here if it is relative
to the operator node.

        }

Using xpath operator/database/text() is not working. And I do not want to
use the full path starting from /config.

Any solutions?

Thanks and Regards,

Kakoli