Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org> on 2002/12/02 12:34:00 UTC

[patch] Refactor kernel to use ContainerKit internally

Hi,

Heres some changes to refactor phoenix to use ContainerKit internallly. The
reason for this is to make it easier to move to auto-assembly and other more
advanced management features. It does not change the external interface to
blocks (still use BlockInfo and BlockMetaData) but internally it uses the
richer interface.

There needs to be one patch applied to containerkit (ck.txt).

The rest of this needs to be done on branch and then when it stabilizes we can
vote on its reintegration with the trunk. To do this you need to do something
like

$ cvs co jakarta-avalon-phoenix
$ cd jakarta-avalon-phoenix
$ cvs tag -b AUTO_ASSEMBLY-branch
$ cvs up -r AUTO_ASSEMBLY-branch

This will create a source tree with correct branch. Then next apply the
phoenix-ck.txt patch and add the following files;

src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/components/assembler/Assembler.java
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/components/assembler/AssemblyException.java
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/components/assembler/Resources.properties

Update the ContainerKit/Info jars to latest version and move them from
lib/container to lib

And remove the following files;

src/documentation/README.txt
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/assembler/Assembler.java
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/assembler/AssemblyException.java
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/assembler/Resources.properties
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/assembler/package.html
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/infobuilder/BlockInfoBuilder.java
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/infobuilder/Resources.properties
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/infobuilder/package.html
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/metagenerate/AbstractHelper.java
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/metagenerate/XinfoFactory.java
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/metagenerate/XinfoHelper.java

The only issue may be that BlockInfoBuilder is used outside the package. So it
may be best to deprecate it but given how little chance that it actually was
used it may be best to just delete it all together.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"An intellectual is someone who has been educated
beyond their intelligence."

Re: [patch] Refactor kernel to use ContainerKit internally

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com>.
> Close but no cigar ;)
>
> Could you;
>
> cvs add
> src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/components/util/ComponentMetaDataConverter.java
> cvs rm src/documentation/README.txt
>
> ComponentMetaDataConverter source attached for ease of applying.

Done.

-ph

Re: [patch] Refactor kernel to use ContainerKit internally

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
Close but no cigar ;)

Could you;

cvs add
src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/components/util/ComponentMetaDataConverter.java
cvs rm src/documentation/README.txt

ComponentMetaDataConverter source attached for ease of applying.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
|  I thought there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.  |
|      There's a knob called "brightness", but it doesn't work.       |

Re: [patch] Refactor kernel to use ContainerKit internally

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
All done.

-ph

Re: [patch] Refactor kernel to use ContainerKit internally

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
And one more file I forgot that needs to be added.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Sufficiently advanced science is