Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Janap <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/30 17:07:01 UTC

Tomahawk 1.1.7 t:columns problem in new build

Hello,

Today I downloaded the latest version of tomahawk 1.1.7 to discover that
none of my pages are working.
Till date I worked with 1.1.7- snapshot which works fine.

Exception caused :

Stacktrace:
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:504)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:463)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:398)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:425)
	... 24 more
Caused by: org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.crosstable.HtmlColumnsTag.doAfterBody()I
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:966)
	at
org.apache.jsp.Hilfsprogramme.sql.Index_jsp._jspx_meth_t_aliasBean_0(org.apache.jsp.Index_jsp:475)

The exception is only caused by pages which have a t:columns component. Did
someone already experience
a similar kind of problem?

thank you,
Janap

Re: Tomahawk 1.1.7 t:columns problem in new build

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>wrote:

> Janap schrieb:
>
>> Thank you for the reply. I do not precompile my JSP's . Anyways I made a
>> complete clean build in Eclipse.
>> The problem still persists.
>>

> I'm not talking about explicitly precompiled JSPs.
>
> When precompilation is not used, servlet engines (eg tomcat) compile JSPs
> into java, then java into .class files "on demand", ie as the jsps are
> accessed. And the servlet engine caches these .java and .class files in a
> "work" directory so they can be reused as long as the .jsp file doesn't
> change.
>
> But if you then change the tag implementations (ie install a jar that has
> new implementations of tag classes) then the servlet engine doesn't know
> that it should discard its cached versions. So it is necessary to remove
> this "work" directory manually. Not doing this after updating a lib
> containing jsp tags causes all sorts of weird problem.
>
> I don't know how this works with whatever Eclipse/servlet-engine
> integration you are using, but I bet there is still a "work" directory
> around somewhere that holds cached compiled jsp files.

I agree with Simon. UIComponentClassicTagBase it is no longer used on 1.1.7.

tomahawk 1.1.7 works with myfaces 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 without problem.

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
I used it with myfaces core 1.1.6.
I did not try it with myfaces core 1.1.5 but may be other guys did.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Janap <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >>        at
> >>

> org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:966)
> >>        at
> >>

> org.apache.jsp.Hilfsprogramme.sql.Index_jsp._jspx_meth_t_aliasBean_0(org.apache.jsp.Index_jsp:475)
> >>

> >> The exception is only caused by pages which have a t:columns component.
> >> Did
> >> someone already experience
> >> a similar kind of problem?
> >>
> >> thank you,
> >> Janap
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed
> >
> > Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog
> >
> > [Web 2.0] GMaps Integration with JSF + Apache Tomahawk + JBoss a4j:
> > http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/
> >
> > Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):

Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed

Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1590597370/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog

[Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:

Posted by Janap <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
Jonap,

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
Janap schrieb:
> [...]
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:966)
> 	at
> org.apache.jsp.Hilfsprogramme.sql.Index_jsp._jspx_meth_t_aliasBean_0(org.apache.jsp.Index_jsp:475)
>

> The exception is only caused by pages which have a t:columns component. Did

Have you tried deleting your jsp "work directory" where the precompiled
jsps are?