Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Mads Petersen <ma...@tul.com.co> on 2021/03/03 19:25:59 UTC

Payment Gateway Account - Or Middleman Account

Hi there,

So, I am looking in to using fineract as our "core banking solution", or
mainly for our General Ledger and Accounting and Tracking systems.

I wanted to hear if anybody else has solved the problem of having a
"middleman" who is receiving payments, and then paying us back.

So I lend out money to a client
They client pays me back via a middleman (paypal, bank, etc.)
We can confirm that the person has payed, with a receipt for example
So we debit his cash account and "square" his accounts
   The client no longer owes us money
But the middleman has still not paid us. They might take days, there might
be a problem, what is there is a server problem, and the transaction is lost
Preferably we have a "payment gateway cash account" that we can track when
the money is in transit.

I was unable to see if there is an entry for this in the fineract cwiki.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you in advance,
Regards
Mads Schmidt Petersen

Re: Payment Gateway Account - Or Middleman Account

Posted by Victor Romero <vi...@fintecheando.mx>.
Hello,

As Ed Cable has mention the Payment Hub is a great solution for
orchestrating the external payment system. We are following the BIAN
reference models, because the "middleman" can be the Payment
Hub/External System, but also the notification, clearing systems, fraud
and compliance systems are part of a whole system.

Keep in contact with Ed, Mifos/Fineract community.

Regards

Victor

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hello Mads,