Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Kim Tu Truong <th...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/10 08:56:28 UTC

which algorithm is used to Convert Lucene wildcard syntax into an automaton?

Hi,
I am a new user. I have already built a simple application to search with
wildcard query. In Lucene wildcard search, a Lucene wildcard syntax is
converted into an automaton but i do not know which algorithm is used to do
this. Please enlighten me?

Thanks and Regards!
T.

Re: which algorithm is used to Convert Lucene wildcard syntax into an automaton?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
This is how it works:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/WildcardQuery.java#L80-104

It uses our automaton library, which is derived from the dk.brics.automaton
package originally.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com